April 18, 2011

..the good ol' days..

☻☺

Gone are the days, when I was like a careless lad
It used to be a fact only sometimes back

Gone are the days, when I was never alone
But now when I see, there is no one to scold

Gone are the days, when I ate and ate and never looked fat
Currently, the butter and cheese are making me go mad

Gone are the days, when getting back to home was a thing to look forward to
In an empty & heated room with ‘maggi’, getting bored all alone is what I get to do

Gone are the days, when leaving home was also super fun
Nowadays a frown and a yawn is what I have walking under the sun

Gone are the days when friends and family were always around
Laptop with pictures and videos are the only things that I found

Gone are the days when I was longing to be out and independent
Realization has hit hard that ‘home’ exists maximum being a student

Though I have changed, maybe for good and my betterment
But the people, to whom this matter, are away and distant

I am a calmer and a responsible person, unlike what I used to be
But the feeling of contentment is yet to be found within me

At the end, I am satisfied and I have something to smile about
There are plenty of people whom I love that I have made proud

☺☻

No comments:

Post a Comment